Israel’s Independent News Center is an English-language democratic and non-commercial collective of independent media makers that serves as the local voice of resistance against neo-imperialism in the Middle East.
|This is your independent media center. As an all-volunteer organization, we need you to get involved!|
- To provide an English-language voice to resistance groups within Israel who struggle for justice and peace against the efforts of foreign powers and their agendas for our region.
- To provide an English-language voice to the voiceless indigenous peoples of the Middle East who struggle for a regional peace based on justice.
- To educate the public to the encroachment of globalization in the Middle East and to the dire affect it continues to have on local conflicts and injustices.
- To encourage a world where globalization is not about homogeneity, exploitation and the centralization of power, but rather about diversity, cooperation and mutual respect.
- To cover local events that are ignored or poorly covered by corporate media.
- To provide edited audio, video, and print stories of the above on the internet for independent media outlets and the general public.
- To facilitate the networking and coordination for the coverage of local events as well as gather information about events to cover.
- To provide links to alternative media, activist and research groups.
- To seek out and provide coverage underscoring the universal nature of people’s struggles for social, national, economic and environmental justice directly from their perspective.
- To offer community classes for training in internet and media skills.
- To encourage, facilitate and support the creation of independent news gathering and organizations.
Principles of Unity: Indy News Israel
- We strive to provide an information infrastructure for people and opinions who do not have access to the airwaves, tools and resources of corporate media. This includes audio, video, photography, internet distribution and any other communications medium.
- We support local, regional and global struggles against imperialism, exploitation and oppression.
- We function as a non-commercial, non-corporate, anti-imperialist collective.
Indy News Israel involves volunteer participants and allied collectives organized along anti-authoritarian principles of open and transparent decision-making processes, including open public meetings; a form of modified consensus; and the elimination of hierarchies.
Indy News Israel participants shall not act in a manner that endangers, intimidates or physically harms any member of the group, including by sexual harassment or acts of violence. Indy News Israel members shall strive to act in a respectful manner to other members of the collective as well as the public.